24 Jul 2016

Cutting Chipboard with the Silhouette Cameo - Wall Decor Arrows


This week I've been playing with the Silhouette chipboard and have shared some tips and a quick tutorial with you over on the Silhouette UK Blog.


Cutting Chipboard on Silhouette UK Blog by Janet Packer #3dcraft #silhouette #cameo #chipboard #3d #tutorial


If you haven't used the silhouette chipboard before you might be surprised! It has a very smooth surface and looks like greyboard but is less fibrous and not as thick. It's very versatile and is fantastic for layering and makes strong and dimensional home decor items.  In the post I show you a quick tutorial on how to make a set of arrows and demonstrate how versatile it is by showing you some alternative finishes.

To make the project I used the Arrows file (#53730) designed by Sweet Afton from the Silhouette Design Store. There are many alternative arrow styles to choose from, visit the store, you'll be spoilt for choice.

The trick to using the Silhouette chipboard is to layer up the identical layers. I adhered six layers with a strong adhesive, Beacon 3-in-1 craft glue.






I finished the front surface with a now discontinued Graphic 45 patterned paper - a tribal pattern that I'd had in my stash for years - perfect for these arrows and gives them an almost wooden carved look. On the reverse I used the Silhouette faux leather for a classy finish  adhered with Beacon Fabri-tac.





Do visit the Silhouette UK Blog. There is a new project or tutorial on the blog EVERY day of the week.

Cutting Chipboard on Silhouette UK Blog by Janet Packer #3dcraft #silhouette #cameo #chipboard #3d #tutorial


Catch up with me on social media:  Profile | My Blog | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram











2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Janet they are stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Janet Packer said...

Thanks Jackie. I loved how these turned out.