21 Nov 2016

Painting Uglazed Ceramics



Cut stencils for decorating ceramic blanks with Silhouette Cameo by Janet Packer for Silhouette UK


Hello, I have a tutorial on the Silhouette UK blog today on how to decorate unglazed ceramic items (available in UK craft shops at the moment). I bought a few different blanks including the tea-light set I decorated for today's post.

In the post I show how to use your Silhouette to make a set of stencils to sponge metallic acrylic paints onto the blank tea-light holder set using two Silhouette Design Store files by Nic Squirrell.




I used a repositionable matte vinyl to make my stencil, having found that using a too sticky stencil material removed some of the painted (slip) surface.




What material do you prefer to use for your stencils?






1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Janet this is stunning the stencils are very effective. Take care. Hugs Jackie