28 Apr 2017

Lion head Card and Stand




Hiya, Today I have a post over on the Silhouette UK blog showing how to make a stand to add to a card to transform it into an item of home décor. I've included a file of the stand shape and it's free to download too. Just pop over to the Silhouette UK blog to download it in DXF format.




I just love, love , LOVE the Lion Head file that I used to demonstrate the stand, designed by one of my favourite designers in the Silhouette Design Store - Nik Squirrell -  AND she's from the UK too (Kent)! So, as well as the lion silhouette (no pun intended) I couldn't resist making a card too.



I made the background by blending pigment inks using the yellow and orange colours from a Clearsnap ColorBox Pigment Inkpad (Primaries).  They blend so much more easily than dye inks - I must remember to use them more often.

The lion head silhouette was cut from Canvas Corps Chalkstock card.  I'm not sure if it is available in the UK, but its worth seeking out as its really smooth and cuts beautifully with the Silhouette Cameo.



I mounted the Lion head onto an easel card and added a sentiment in gold vinyl. The name 'Lisa' is a cut-out with more blended card showing through from below. If you're wondering why the scissors, it was a card for my hairdresser, lion, mane, get it?












8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh Janet I love this lion too. Your finished card is just stunning in the yellow and black. Cathy x

Jackie T said...

Oh boy Janet this is a stunning card that lion is magnificent. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

Janet it's a wonderful card
Gr Karin

Shabneez said...

Love this Janet. A really clever idea with the stand and that card is awesome, really thoughtful. Enjoy the long weekend x

Karenzkardz said...

An eye catching card x

Andree said...

A brilliant card Janet. The lion silhouette looks fabulous. The stand idea is great too xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

wow, stunning card today

Kathy said...

I love this cheery lion - he's so friendly and bright :)